Aren’t you tired of promising yourself that this Christmas will be different? That this year you will get yourself together and travel somewhere out of your city, state, or even country? Stop promising and treat yourself with a little getaway. We have collected some easily affordable and exciting destinations for you that will easily fit into the modest budget.
1. Fort Lauderdale, Florida. A place to go if you want to have both affordable and active Christmas vacation. Its winter temperature rarely goes lower than 40F. It’s the perfect place to spend some time out of your bulky sweaters, coats, and boots. You can even go to the beach! Although, we don’t recommend swimming. Just a picnic on the shore of the Atlantic Ocean. It’s romantic even if you’re a solo traveler.
Also, the city is not as crowded as Orlando or Miami so you might enjoy having some space. The average price for one night stay in Fort Lauderdale starts at $15. If you have extra cash saved up, try scuba diving ( for about $100 for 2 hours) or sign up for beach yoga (for about $45 per session). If you’re a foodie, try exotic Korean BBQ in Drunken Dragon or Peruvian dishes in Cabo Blanco Restaurant.
2. Albuquerque, New Mexico. Not many touristic guides talk about it, but if you’re an adventurous person, you’ll like it. First thing, go for the ride on an aerial tramway. It will take you to the top of 10,378 foot Sandia Peak in less than half an hour. The memories and the photos to post on the ‘gram’ will be absolutely fabulous. The average one-night price range starts at $22. You can also make your vacation special watching Apache Crown Dancers for free, (you will only have to pay $6 for the museum admission) and enjoying hot cocoa with red pepper. As for the souvenirs, hunt for the traditional American Indian gifts in Pueblo Cultural centre. Traditional Mexican dishes are represented all over the Albuquerque restaurants, so you won’t stay hungry for Mexican for sure. Check out Tomasita’s. They are famous for the spicy green chile and sopapillas with honey butter.
3. San Antonio, Texas. The city of over million people is an excellent choice to experience nightlife and dance the sorrows away. Living here might be a bit more expensive because worthy options may start at $30 per night. After you are done dancing, go and see the most famous holiday ballet, Nutcracker. The prices start at $39. As for the food, don’t miss a chance to try New Orleans BBQ shrimp at the Cookhouse and Mexican enchiladas at Vida Mia Mexican Cuisine. If you’re a sweet tooth, then go for the Nutella X3 at Tre Trattoria. It’s the creation of their chef and his signature dessert so it’s an absolute must-try for this Christmas trip too.
4. Puerto Rico. This warm heaven-like place will get you busy but not broke. The lowest price for one-night stay starts at 15$. Most of the attractions and local delicatessens are really cheap too! You can enjoy paddleboarding in the ocean for about $25 or learn to make the best Mojito for the same price. Snorkeling, rock climbing, and dancing in the local clubs should also be on your plan. Don`t miss a chance to visit El Bohio to try mofongo pork stripes with garlic and
5. Toronto, Canada. No better time to go to Canada like winter! The wildlife landscapes, fluffy snowflakes, and tasty food are included. Grab your favorite silly Christmas sweater and let Canada take care of you. One-night stay in a shared apartment might cost around $20. Go on a ride with a dog sled for about $250. This will be an unforgettable experience, especially if you like dogs and a good speed. After all this fun, tame your appetite with the Canadian traditional Montreal-style smoked meat at Caplansky’s and the Ontario Sour Cherry Pie at the Wanda’s Pie in the Sky.